Every month, new classes are offered to the public. They start the first week of the month and run for four weeks. Join us for one class or multiple.
$50 For One 4-Week Class
$75 For More Than One Class Per Month
$15 Drop-In Rate For One Night
Every Monday, young Jitterbugs ages 3-7 can learn about the music and movements of the Swing Era. It is an introductory jazz and tap class.
Itsy Bitsy Classes are offered in partnership with Pear Tree Performing Arts.
DATE & TIME: Mondays 6:15PM to 7:00PM
LOCATION: 4801 NW Radial HWY
Jitterbugs train elite dancers to become part of a unique group every month. These classes, held Friday nights at 7PM before JNO, are by invitation only. To be considered for future classes, please email Jitterbugs@jitterbugs.org
Frequently Asked Questions
Where are your classes?
- Classes are taught at the FOE Eagles #38 at 24th and Douglas.
I missed the first class; can I still join?
- Usually, if you miss the first class, you can catch on ok if you join during the second class. After that, it’s more difficult to catch up, so check with the teachers for this information.
Are kids/children allowed?
- We offer Junior Jitterbugs for kids in grades 5-9 and Itsy Bitsy Jitterbugs for kids ages 4-8. Adult classes are best for high school age and up.
Do you have a group discount?
- Email email@example.com and explain your circumstance and we will see what we can do.
Do I need a partner?
- No. Most students arrive solo and you will be partnered up during class and rotate partners often.
How do I get the most out of my classes?
- Show up (that’s usually the hardest part!), relax, ask questions, and have fun. Try to practice between classes if you can.
What music should I use to practice?
- Listen to the “Lindy in the Park 2017 — Omaha Jitterbugs” playlist on Spotify. You can create a free account.
What’s the cancellation policy?
- See our Cancellation Policy.
How do I know what class to take?
- If you have no social dance experience, start with a class that has Intro or Beginning in the title. Or Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to explain your situation and we can guide you through.
It’s easy to try.
Swing dance is for everyone! You can start anytime at our weekly Friday lesson and dance, where learning is easy, affordable, and fun.
It’s a welcoming community.
Meet new people and find community in Omaha and around the world. Social dances, rotating classes, and worldwide events foster serendipitous connections.
Our programs nourish the human spirit. Health improves, confidence boosts, and people grow. Nowhere else can you find creativity, exercise, social connection, and fun all in one place.