Classes and scheduling are available through Studio Bookings Online. See our schedule and book classes by using the calendar online or downloading the app.
WITH THE SUPPORT OF THE NEBRASKA ARTS COUNCIL AND THE NEBRASKA CULTURAL ENDOWMENT.
Read our policies & waivers for in-person classes during COVID-19. A waiver must be completed before your first class.
How to Register for Classes
- Go to our Studio Bookings website.
- Create an account, or log in if you already have an account.
- Click on the class you would like to attend
- Choose all of the classes in the series, then click “Book Now.”
- Once in the Store, purchase the correct Package:
- If you are taking only one class per week, choose the “One Class Per Week” package.
- If you are taking two or more classes per month, choose the “Monthly Unlimited” package which will let you take as many classes each month as you choose.
- Enter your JIVE discount code if you are a JIVE volunteer.
- Each package expires at the end of each month.
- You will get an email response with the details of your classes and your purchase.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much are your classes?
- Online classes are free. If you register for one class per week, the cost is $50 for the month. If you want to register for two or more classes, the cost is $60 for an unlimited monthly pass.
Where are your classes?
- Classes are taught at the FOE Eagles #38 at 24th and Douglas.
I missed the first class; can I still join?
- Usually, if you miss the first class, you can catch on ok if you join during the second class. After that, it’s more difficult to catch up, so check with the teachers for this information.
Are kids/children allowed?
- We offer Junior Jitterbugs for kids in grades 5-9 and Itsy Bitsy Jitterbugs for kids ages 4-8. Adult classes are best for high school age and up.
Do you have a group discount?
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org and explain your circumstance and we will see what we can do.
Do I need a partner?
- No. Most students arrive solo and you will be partnered up during class and rotate partners often.
How do I get the most out of my classes?
- Show up (that’s usually the hardest part!), relax, ask questions, and have fun. Try to practice between classes if you can.
What music should I use to practice?
- Listen to the “Lindy in the Park 2017 — Omaha Jitterbugs” playlist on Spotify. You can create a free account.
What’s the cancellation policy?
- See our Cancellation Policy.
What if I need to cancel a class series I’ve already signed up for?
How do I know what class to take?
- If you have no social dance experience, start with “Dancing with Two Left Feet” or “Intro to Swing.” You can start with “Lindy Hop Basics 1” as well. Contact email@example.com to explain your situation and we can guide you through.
It’s easy to try.
Swing dance is for everyone! You can start anytime at our weekly Friday lesson and dance, where learning is easy, affordable, and fun.
It’s a welcoming community.
Meet new people and find community in Omaha and around the world. Social dances, rotating classes, and worldwide events foster serendipitous connections.
Our programs nourish the human spirit. Health improves, confidence boosts, and people grow. Nowhere else can you find creativity, exercise, social connection, and fun all in one place.