- This event has passed.
Jitterbugs’ Night Out SOCK HOP: featuring the Time Burners
February 9, 2018 @ 8:00 pm – 12:00 am CST
59 years ago a plane carrying Buddy Holly, Ritchie Valens, & the Big Bopper crashed in Clear Lake, IA. Omaha Jitterbugs is hosting a 50’s sock-hop at Jitterbugs’ Night Out to mark the anniversary of the event. So put on your poodle skirts and bobby socks, and join us.
• Jitterbug dance lesson (no partner needed)
• Live music by The Time Burners
• Twist Contest (prizes from Flagship Commons)
• Jitterbug Contest (prizes from Flagship Commons)
• Dance Performance by Laura Glaess, in town from Austin, TX to teach a weekend of solo jazz dance workshops: Movement & Musicality: Laura Glaess Dance Workshops in Omaha
Jitterbugs’ Night Out is swing dancing, every Friday for 17 years! No partner needed! No experience needed! Beginning dance lesson at 8:15, and live Americana, Rock-n-Roll, Rockabilly and more from The Time Burners til midnight!
This event is smoke-free, drug-free, and all ages are welcome. Alcohol is available from the bar downstairs (21+).
Lesson: 8:15 p.m.
Dancing: 9:00 p.m. – midnight
Location: The Eagles Ballroom is upstairs at FOE #38 on 24th & Douglas
Price: $10.00 per person
Parking: FOE parking lots South and West of the building. Metered street parking also available along Douglas and 24th. (Update 12/2017) The lot directly to the East has $3 parking, payable by app, and will ticket unpaid vehicles. Free parking 1/2 block North at Lutheran Family Services.